Friday, December 5, 2008

Water! Part 2

Dan the man!
Timmy Hoebangers
Got the tank up !!!
Open concept.
Every time they see a car its play time.
Back to town for parts.
Arial view of G.C.H.H. from the tower
More plumbing
Almost dropped the tank on the orphans below! That would've sucked.
Tallest tower in town!
Top view
Julius and Esa

Towersman
One of the twins looking for soap.
Ripped his hand while playing with shards of sheet metal. They don't have anything soft to play with here so its metal and nails.
The boys putting the finishing touches to the tank.
Just in time for supper!

4 comments:

Scot Keith said...

Dom,

This is just amazing. Incredibly inspiring to see that you made this happen. You literally made it happen. To have donated some money and to see you literally go out and buy the materials and help physically put up the structure is awesome.

Wow. You made my day seeing this. Way to go!!!

Scot Keith said...

Dominik,

Call me ASAP!
I might be able to get a very large donation over to you - please call me.

scot

kevyn said...

you are an inspiration my friend.

shana said...

Hello!

I was doing a google search for the orphanage in Gathiga and found your blog! WOW - you've done some awesome work there! I had no idea! I raise money for GCHH, too, but Lucy didn't tell me about this whole water tower thing! AMAZING!!

I'd love to talk with you some more - get an update (from your perspective) about the orphanage, what projects you think need addressed next, etc. I was the first volunteer there (back in June 07), and I've been raising money for them since. You can check out our work at jumpforjoel.org.

My email address is shanastine[at]gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!
.shana