Monday, March 9, 2009

Delhi

The festival of Holi. You should see the other guy! And I didn't get too wet today!

Well Jessica decided to come right in the middle of Holi festival. The colour throwing festival has everybody whipping water and toxic dye at each other...fun. It used to be safe when the pigment was made from natural sources, like flowers, but now its machine made with some packs of dye allegedly displaying "for industrial use only".

The colour matches her backpack at least.

Sketchy Delhi!

Morning chai tea run.

The metro system here rivals the Toronto one. You pay based on the amount of stations. Cost about 6 rupees to get to Jhandewl...oh dear.

The mighty red fort. I missed old Pakistani Pres Musharraf's visit here by mere hours. Damn!

Sandstone galore.

There are about a hundred of these white marble panels scattered about the gardens.

Top notch work for a few hundred years ago.

Muslim parade through old Delhi. Got to meet an Old friend of mine, Thameem in Nizamuhddin. He's currently travelling around the country from Mosque to village.


House where Mahatma Gandhi spent his last 144 days. He was going through a fast for the people.

Steps leading up to the place where Gandhi was shot point blank by a madman.

Humayun's tomb complex in old Delhi

Great weather but the Monsoon is coming ...

Massive protective outer doors.

Would have been great with a morning paper and a cappuccino!
This style was actually the precursor for the Taj Mahal

Toomsman.

It took the emperors wife 8 years to build the mausoleum.

Raja Pineapple.

Taking some time off here to put down at least one track. I'm breaking all the strings on JiMM, the guitar Tamara and I split on in Goa. She'll be getting custody of JiMM when I get to Australia. I really should be seeing more of Delhi but I've found a great little Tibetan restaurant that serves up a sick noodle soup, a chai spot and a hole in the wall internet place, all I need to survive for a few days! Due my lack of recording gear i.e. Zero Mics and barely any CPU power, I'll be sticking to makin' my fav beats...Electro!

1 comment:

kevyn said...

great to see both of you! Follow Dess or Jom! things are great here. hey i just invested in copper. What do you think? FB me in my messsage center not my wall.

keep on truckin my friendos!

hey jess!