Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Avoid all non-essential travel

I'm sitting here in a Ramada suite downtown Beirut watching the world stock markets meltdown. Thailand, Indonesia, Ukraine, Austria, Iceland, Russia have halted trading. The North American markets are set to open lower in a half hour. This is shaping up to be the worst weekly drop since 1933. FDR here we come! Chris has fallen ill with a fever so I've got an excuse to sit in front of the T.V. Morgan Stanley $11, Merrill Lynch 13, Ford 2.50, GM 4.50, Goldman 95, Intel 15, Cisco 16, Mircosoft 21, Citibank 14, DOW 8400, Gold 925, Silver 11.50 Everything is tanking except the US crosses.

I'm a little unfazed watching all all of this unfold as my little fund has already been taken to the cleaners a few weeks ago. 6 Trillion dollars instantly wiped out. The market is just playing catchup here.

Its funny...Here I am in a country that just came out of civil war, was invaded about 2 years ago and where Canadians are cautioned not to enter and I feel safer here while the rest of the world seems to be collapsing.... It'll pass I'm sure!


No comments: