Friday, October 31, 2008

Mount Sinai


This mountain bears the same name as the hospital where I was born. Figure I'd give 'er a chance. Additional similarities may be drawn. Uncomfortable, dark, cold, no more decent food source, conditions were ripe for a minor struggle. 2am ascent = no light, new moon = no light, Dom didn't think to bring a torch = no damn light! Did Moses have a light, probably? Only two torn up ankle incidences in 4 1/2hours climb. Lefty loosy.
5:49am. 1 minute till the heat. Smile for the camera.

I'm above the clouds now and I can't wait for the sunrise. Soon as I see a glimmer of orange over the horizon, the 50 plus trekkers/pilgrims on a ridge behind me start cheering and clapping. Its as if they'd just experienced a perfect landing on a jetliner…they're probably also freezing to shit!

Interior design

1 comment:

Jacynte said...

Hey Mimi - Sinai...yah, been there too. Love Mother