Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fork. Knife. Spoon. Choose one.

Exercise normal security precautionsExercise high degree of cautionAvoid non-essential travelAvoid all travel
Triage time. Any single piece of gear that I haven't used at least once this trip gets jettisoned. No Mercy. Somehow I've managed to accumulated a surplus of 2 bottles of Aloe Vera, 12 pairs of underwear, 8 tee shirts, a tent I bought from a James Joyce quoting Polish guy in Sinai, 2 cellphones, 3 I pods, 2 deodorant sticks, a full kitchen sized bottle of apple cider vinegar( used with stabilized oxygen may counteract malaria, bad water and death). I've managed to reduce my road collection of books to 2 from 6 at my worst. The wheels have fallen off here! Oh speaking of which...If you're ever in a Matatu(bus) in Africa and the undercarriage starts sounding like a horse galloping...Tell the driver to stop or else the wheel is likely to fly right off.

Other items on my short list include:

Shoelaces.
Toothbrush container.
Motorola C118 cellphone.
Therma care Heat wrap.
Axe Body spray(Nobody gives a damn here!).
Ramada slippers I swiped in Beirut.
Deet free natural mosquito spray.
Speed reading the constant gardener so I can chuck it asap.
Not as good as the movie!
Egyptian, Jordanian, Kenyan SIM cards
keeping the spoon I think. The knife can't even cut through butter and the forks useless.

Exercise normal security precautionsExercise high degree of cautionAvoid non-essential travelAvoid all travel

Pretty pissed about the Burundi and Rwandan situation. I was planning on looping around Lake Victoria before coming home. I think I'll head for Zanzibar instead!

No comments: