Friday, November 28, 2008

Screw the Kids! Its Beach Time!!

The ridicuquest to swim in each ocean has led me to the Indian. Seb and I decide to check out both the north and south coasts. The beaches here in Mombasa rival Nice, Mykonos, Phuket, Langkawi and challenge even the likes of Phi Phi Lai....Stunning!

Fort JesusEpic!
walk to the beach
Beached dhow.
Part of an old mosque.
Chai Tea stop
Old Mombasa
Sheund Flower
Well all good things must come to and end. A 20h train ride back to Nairobi and a kid blowing chunks all over my backpack in an overstuffed Matatu bus ride...I shrug it off as a tax for a week of near paradise. I get into business mode now. By the time I get back to the orphanage the workers should have extended the well to 100 feet thus accessing freash(er) water. They're gonnna drop a guy down the well to flush out the water and clean it out. Best 150 bucks I think I've ever spent....that works out to about $1.50 per kid to get a steady supply of water!
We've finished painting the main hall and I've convinced the fam to pitch in for a water tank and tower instead of Christmas presents this year. Good thing cuz I've already blown my X-Mas fund on these kids. You would too on these smiles!

No comments: